Sunday 29 September 2013

MJ Rabbit meets... Pearl Lam

I'm at a dinner in  hosted by my friend, the vivacious Valentina, who publishes the ultra-luxury publication B Beyond Magazine.

Valentina is famous for gathering the great and the good - lovers of art and culture - to her home in the swanky Knightsbridge district of London, near Harrods. This evening, she has invited one of her friends, Pearl Lam, and I'm dying to meet her.

Pearl Lam, the renowned Hong Kong-based art gallery owner, enters the room, somehow combining the playfulness of a kitten with the glamour and sophistication of the Chinese socialite she is - her wealthy family made money from hotels and banking. Wearing a stunning Balenciaga dress, she lights up the room with her dynamic personality and huge presence. She has charisma in spades and loves to laugh.

Pearl Lam Picture: BB Publications
Sporting my treasured MCM clutch embellished with Swarovski crystals, I brought along a magnum of fabled Burgundy red wine Romanee-Conti to share among the guests over dinner. Pearl doesn't drink, but heartily approves of my choice, which is a status symbol among the Chinese elite. I'm happy!

Visit bbpublications.org

Visit www.pearllam.com